Our Philosophy of Education - Panchkosha
SVMS believes in man-making education. We facilitate not mere book learning but ensure holistic education of every child. Keeping firm belief in rich Indian values and Indian Education system, education is a five dimensional process at SVMS. We believe education is complete if a child develops physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual aspect working on Panch Kosh philosophy.
The Panchkosh are commonly referred to as five hierarchical levels of energy in the body. It is a certain discipline which is based on the ancient texts of Indian Philosophy. 'Panch' stands for five and word 'Kosha' means sheath or shell. Therefore, Panchkosh means five sheaths which reside in human body. They are :
- Annamay Kosha or The Food Sheath
- Pranamay Kosha or The Energy Sheath
- Manomany Kosha or The Mental Sheath
- Vigyanmay Kosha or The Intellectual Sheath
- Anandmay Kosha or The Bliss Sheath