11 May How to Support Your Child’s Mental Health& Wellness?
Before you dive deep into the topic, let’s get an idea of what mental health is. Mental health is simply a state of well-being that helps an individual realize his or her abilities along with developing the necessary qualities and power to cope with the normal stresses of life. Now you can easily understand how important it is to instill mental health awareness in your child! Studies show that anxiety and depression are among the top diagnosed mental disorder in children that can be normalized only through proper mental health education. Otherwise, they may suffer from mental illness.
St. Vivekanand Millennium School, the best school in Pinjore helps students, especially those struggling or just dealing with stress and anxiety to cope with the situation by providing thoughtful and reflective learning opportunities.
Effective Ways to Support Your Child’s Mental Health:
As a parent, ensure that your child feels supported in every phase of development. How? Let’s look at the effective ways that will help you to support your child’s mental health.
- Model Positive Coping Skills: You can teach your child modelling coping skills such as deep breathing, using stress balls, making art, and many more that will help your child learn how to deal with their emotions positively.
- Keep Communication Open: Be friendly and open with your child to some extent so that your child can approach you without any hesitation. Help your child know that you are always ready to listen to and support them. It will develop a deeper connection between you and your child, and they will come to you whenever they face any problem.
- Give them Love & Support: You should provide your child with the best environment to let them know that they are loved and supported. This will increase their feeling of security and safety in the home.
- Provide Positive Feedback & Encouragement: There is no denying the fact that kids love to receive praise and positive feedback, especially from their parents. It is always recommended to provide positive reinforcement to your child when they try to do something productive or behave well. It will encourage your child to repeat that behavior.
- Let Them Enjoy: Help your child to find a type of movement or physical activity they enjoy from a very early age. It provides a necessary outlet for kids and also reduces distraction. It also gives children a chance to interact with others and develop their social skills.
St. Vivekanand Millennium School, one of the best CBSE schools in Pinjore recognizes when a child needs mental support and helps students with the most effective way to help them and boost their confidence.